Thursday, September 13, 2012

What to look for if your tubes keep blowing out.

I have not had the best week.  In the last three days, three tubes have blown out on me in my front tire.  I wondered what would be possible making me tubes blow out like this.  Well I took my tire/tube off last night and low and behold, there was a sharp piece of metal sticking out from the rim.  Now I should have looked after the second tube blow out, but i was in a hurry that day, but if you ever have two tube blow out one after the other like I did, then take you tire off and look at the inside of your rim, take an old cloth and run it on the inside of the rim and if your cloth gets snagged, then you need to file that spot down.  That might be the reason for your blow outs, I know it was with me.  If that is not the case, then give me a call and i can give you some advice, and even meet with you and show some good technics for putting a new tube on.  My email is: dj.bicyclist13@gmail.com, and feel free to email me with any other questions you have.

Whos ready for winter biking? 

I am getting ready for winter biking/commuting.  I'm hopping that the upcoming winter will be like last year.  I really don't want to have to go through a lot of snow, but if we get it i'll be ready.  I'm still researching somethings about winter commuting on a bike, and if i find anything interesting i'll post it here for you to read.  I would love to see more people winter commute, we live in Minnesota and we're used to the cold, why not embrass it, heck it will wake you up faster than that morning cup of coffee. 

Keep on biking...

No comments:

Post a Comment