Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 1

Welcome to the Confessions of a bike-aholic

This is who i am...

My name is Dillon, or DJ as some people call me. I've been riding a RANS recumbent for a little over a month now, and i love it.  my back hasn't felt this good in years, I have a schwinn sprint but it's the french style handlebars, and with my back.  oww...   I'm going to get rid of the current handlebars and switch them out for ones that are like the old style, the kind that look like a wide U shape.  I love those kind, cuz you don't have to wrench your back just to steer it. 

I volunteer at a local non-profit bike shop here where i live, called Shifting Gears.  I've been there for the last 3 going on 4 months now.  I love volunteering there!  I have been trying to get a job at one of the other two local bike shops here in town but they never hire me.  thats why i started volunteering at shifting gears.  I am self taught on most bike repairs, but with the help of Diane, (Owner of Shifting Gears) she has taught me the rest, and i have been building my tool kit.  I still have a long way to go but I'm getting there.

I am in the process of trying to start my own bike shop here as well.  I am still not sure on a name yet, please help me by using the comment section below.  I am not going to be selling new bikes, the prices on new bikes always makes my walet wanna throw up.  Getting used bikes are easy, just by looking in the right places(not by stealing them, I do not like stolen bikes, i had one of mine get ripped off once and still haven't found it.).  the only new things that would be in my shop are parts, accessories, etc...

I am a bike-aholic, and i'm not afraid to admit it. I love biking all year 'round, and yes even in the winter.  You just have to know the right bike to use and the right clothing to wear.  Let me know what your comments are and if your a bike-aholic, i'd love to hear from you, and if you have a bike blog of any sorts put a link to it in your comment and i'll check it out. 

Keep on biking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment