Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tires, Tubes and Rims oh my....

Yesterday i was coming home, and i was about to go over our newly built Bicycle Bridge, and I here POP!!!   I look down and my tube was shredded.  For those of you who don't know what i ride, it's a Ross 10 speed from the mid 1970's, so i'm guessing that the tube was nearly as old as the bike.  I got off my bike and attempted to take it off and patch it at least till i got home, but there was a 3 inch long hole in the tube, there was no way i was going to be able to patch this, and i didn't have a spare, because i had used that earlier that day on the back of my bike.  So I started home and i thought to myself, how many people that bike ride accually know how to change a tire/tube.  I do because I'm a bike repairman, (speaking of a bike repairman check out "Bicycle repairman - Monte Python"  on Youtube, you'll love it.)  If there is anyone that wants to learn how to change a bike tire/tube, let me know, I would love to teach anyone that wants to learn.  Email me at: thesprocketshop@gmail.com. If you tell me that you saw this on my blog, there will be no charge, except if you want a repair kit, that costs $7.50, (it includes a spare tube and a pair of tire levers).  Also put in the subject line "I want to change a tire."

Keep on biking...

No comments:

Post a Comment