Thursday, September 20, 2012

Schwinn Suburban Before Pictures

Here's an update on my restoring project.  I took before pictures of my Schwinn suburban.  Here's some pic.s:

this is from the side

from the front
i like that little bag on the front, i can keep two spare tires in there and some tire levers, and all it is, is an old camera bag i found at goodwill for $0.99.

this is the bottom of the front fender

this is the rear fender, i wasn't able to get a picture of all the rust, i forgot to.  but this is the new color I'm painting it, it has a few dings in the fender, but those will be gone after Friday.  the rust was about a 1/2 - 3/4 inch stripe going from just above the reflector, to about three inches from the brakes. it was bad, and you'll probably be able to see it when we stripe all the paint away.

Top and bottom tube

New color vs. old color
as you can see in this picture there is yellowish pin stripes, i am going to be putting antique cream colored pin stripes on to the fenders when all the rest of the painting is done.

rear of original seat

original GT 100 Schwinn Derailleur



I will be posting pictures of the painting process, next Tuesday.  I will have a lot of them.  I am hoping to have the bike painting finished by the end of next Tuesday.  All the

Timeline:

Friday: Strip of all the old paint, and put on new coat of green.
Tuesday: post painting process pictures, and Put on Pin Stripes.
Thursday: Post finished pictures.


I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as i enjoy showing them to you, can't wait till the bike is ready to be shown off.  Next year i plan on restoring my AMF Nimble, can't wait for that one.  The paint is bubbling up on the fenders and starting to on the frame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment