Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I screwed up

I am always telling people to wear a helmet, so that it saves their head if they fall.  And what do i do, i forget to wear mine.  I got on my bike this morning and i went off to college, i got to the school and i locked up my bike and i realized that i had not worn my helmet.  I was so mad at my self, but i guess that goes to show that everyone isn't perfect. 

Everywhere i go, i always see garbage on the sides of the road, or the trails, and it makes me mad to see that.  everytime that i go for a ride, i end up coming home looking like a garbage truck, with a couple bags full of garbage.  I took a trip to montana last year, (not on the bike, although that would have been fun to do), and I went through MN, and when i got out of Fargo, ND, I couldn't believe my eyes. THERE WAS NO TRASH IN THE DITCHES!!!!  I couldn't believe it, what was the difference between MN and ND.  we are right next to each other.  It was like some one drew a line between us and said, ''the trash stops here."  We here in MN need to stop littering our ditches.  it's not healthy for us, the environment, and the animals that live there.  If your looking for a New Years resalution, welp, there ya go, just start doing it about two-three months early.  The earth will thank you.

I took a bike ride around lake bemidji Sunday.  It was such a beautiful day, and the smell of fall was in the air, blowing the falling leaves around, and thats the kind of weather that brings everyone out. When i was going around the lake, i probably saw about, oh i don't even know, there were that many people on the trails, biking, skateboarding, rollerblading, etc...  It was paradise for me, I love seeing people out and about, not using their cars to get from point A to point B.  thats boring...   Why not enjoy the ride, smell the air, and feel it in your hair.  "If you can't enjoy the ride, why do it at all." thats my quote, and it's so true. 

Keep on biking...

No comments:

Post a Comment