Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Restoring an old bike

I have a bike that i'm working on right now, hoping to get it restored soon, It's an old Schwinn Suburban. the rear fender was all rusted, parts of the frame, and the bottom part of the front fender are as well.  I am restoring it to its original colour on the frame, but i'm thinking of painting the fenders cream coloured.  I'm not sure yet, but when i do i'll let you know.  Heres a pic of what kind of bike i'm talking about, this is not my bike it's a picture i got from google.



Although mine is a little bit darker green than this one, but you get the picture.  When i get it finished i will post after pictures, but on thursday i will try and post before pic.s, so you can see the process.  It should be fun.

I also have AMF (by: Roadmaster) Nimble, it's maroon coloured, and i love it, it didn't need much restoring, the paint on the rear fender will need to be scraped off and repainted in a year or two, cuz it's starting to bubble up from the metal.  I plan to keep that one the same colour.  I'll post updated pictures as i restore the bike.

Keep on Biking....

No comments:

Post a Comment