Saturday, September 22, 2012

Schwinn Sprint Update

The bike is pieces now.  I took it apart on Friday, and sanded it down to bare metal.  then I primed it and let that dry in the tree outside the shop.  Then when it was dry Jim, (my friend, and Jr. Grease Monkey at Shifting Gears), sanded it down so it was smooth, then we painted it.  All the parts; the frame, the fenders, and the chain guard; are all hanging from the ceiling drying.

Here's the before pic.s:
this is the frame, and below are all the other parts

the fenders, chain guard, and front fork

the pile of parts (it's a little dark, but you get the pic.)


Here's the priming pic.s:

(rear): the front fender
(front): the chain guard

rear fender



and here's the painted pic.s:

the frame

fenders and chain guard

front fork

When I put it back together, I will take more pictures, and post them.  On Tuesday I will be putting the pin stripes on the fenders.  i can't wait to get that done, so i can see what it looks like.  

Keep on Biking...

No comments:

Post a Comment