Friday, February 8, 2013

Schwinn Suburban tire and fender switch

As some of you may remember, i repainted an old schwinn suburban
awhile ago now. Women's step through frame with 27 x 1 1/4" tires, well not any more.
I switched out the 27"s for 700c's and the original fenders got replaced as well
with Bontrager adjustable fenders, i love them, the best fenders i have ever invested in.
they have rubber mud flaps, and double hex screw adjustable stays. 
I put on a studded tire on the rear rim to give me traction and a road tire on the front.

both tires are 700 x 35's
My green machine got one heck of an upgrade. When i rode home tonight,
i rode across the frozen ice covered lake, pasting all the ice houses and it rode beautifully.
When i had the original fenders on, the studded tires would scrap the insides of the fenders.
I love this bike and hope it stays running for many years to come.
 
Keep on Biking....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment