Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My New Mini Bike

I just built this yesterday, i modeled it after a folding bike.
It was a BMX bike, i'm not sure what company made
the frame, because there was no labels, decals, or headbadge.
I hated how it looked like a BMX bike, so I tore it apart and
remodeled it.  It took me about an hour or so, to put it together.
I took it for a ride last night and it workes really well, it was just a
single speed, but i put a wheel and hub on that has a 5 speed cassette.
it wasn't easy to get on there but i love it.
I replaced the bmx handlebars with the old style cruiser
handlebars.  The bike that i was modeling this one after
has handlebars like this on it.
I put on SCHWALBE Marathon Racer tires, i would like to
put on some 20" white walled cruiser tires sometime this
spring or summer.  I may also get some studded tires for
when i ride in the winter time.
Tashi was checking it out, she has to check out my bikes
everytime i bring one in the house with all the different smells.
She's a weird duck...
It has the feeling of a BMX, folding and a vintage cruiser bike
all in one. 
I plan on using this one a lot.  It's nice and little
so I can ride anywhere, and it's easy to lock up anywhere.
I have a few other bikes that i'm working on, and hope to have
them done soon. Talk later...
 
 
Keep on Biking...


No comments:

Post a Comment