Friday, December 7, 2012

Nice Fixed speed bike that i found

I was at Target today getting my flu shot and while i was waiting i was looking at the bike section, of course. where else would i be.  but anyway, i found this bike called the "Magna Fix-d 28" 700c

When i went into the bike isle that was the first bike that i saw, and it was in the middle of all the other bikes on the side of the isle.  It's a 28"/700c tire type but rides like a 26" sized frame. I looked at the frame to see if it could take fenders and it does not have the holes in the back by the rear drop out that would support a rear rack or fenders.  they would probably have to be frame mounted to do that.

Here's are the Specifics from Target.com:
  • Manufacturer's Suggested Age: 13 Years and Up
  • Gear Speeds: 1
  • Bicycle Frame Height: 17"
  • Bicycle Frame/Component Features: Alloy Rims, Adjustable Handlebars, Chain Guard
  • Bicycle Frame Material: Steel
  • Suspension Manufacturer/Type: Chitech
  • Seat Features: Quick Release Seat, Adjustable Seat Height
  • Seat Material: Vinyl
  • Front Brake System: Caliper
  • Rear Brake System: Caliper
  • Brakes Manufacturer/Type: Chitech
  • Bicycle Chain Material: Steel
  • Pedal Material: Plastic
  • Wheel Features: Pneumatic Tires
  • Rim Material: Metal Alloy
  • Front Wheel Height: 28"
  • Rear Wheel Height: 28.0 "
  • Tire Type: 700c
  • Tire Width: 1.4"
  • Includes: Kickstand, Spokes
  • Maximum Weight Capacity: 250.0 Lb.
  • Care and Cleaning: Wipe Clean With Soap and Water W
  • Dimensions: 75.0 " L x 26.0 " W x 30.0 " H
  • Folded Dimensions: 75.0 " L x 26.0 " W x 30.0 " H
  • Weight: 30.0 Lb.
  • Warranty Description: Multiple Warranties and/or Time Frames Apply

The price is $119.99, it's up there in price, but is also one of the cheapest at Target, i checked at Walmart and they don't carry it on their website.  I am going to Do two things: (1.) Buy this Bike (2.) make my own version of it and compare the two and see which one does the best and last the longest.  I am going to try and get the Magna Fix-d by Christmas time.  I am starting out with $27.00, now i need $100.00 more. :( but i'll save it up somehow.  I'll let you know my progress on how i'm doing on building the bike, and saving money for the this bike.  It should be interesting, and i'll try and post a lot of pictures as i go too. Check back frequently for updates and pictures.

Check out the bike on Target.com:
http://www.target.com/p/magna-white-silver-lime-fixie-28/-/A-14211338#prodSlot=medium_1_8&term=Bikes

 Keep on Biking....



11 comments:

  1. I jus got this bike. I didn't know eut fix'd ment or hybrid. I anyway I love the colors got a rack for the back that goes on seat pole.. To bad there's no QR on tires or seat. I already would of switched the tire around so I don't cradk and kill myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so you went with the freewheel side of the tire? Good i'm glad you were able to get a rack onto it, let me know what you think of it.

      Delete
  2. I just got this bike for christmas, my first one ever & i dont know much about bikes but its pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's ok, i didn't know much about bikes when i got my first one either. Take a look on the Repair Videos and watch the videos i have posted, they will help you with a few things and if you have any other questions please feel free to email me @ dj.bicyclist.13@gmail.com, and put in the subject line "Bike Help."

      Keep on Biking...

      Delete
  3. These are now on clearance for 35.98 at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Does anyone know how to assemble this bicycle. I just got it from Target. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Adil, it's hard to explain how to put the bike together without me seeing the bike, but i'll try.
    the frist thing you want to do is put the handle bars on the bike, but don;t tighten them down just yet until you get the front tire on there then you can straighten them out, then put the wheels on but don't tighten down the rear wheel because you'll still need to adjust it when you put on the chain, then string up the brakes cables (typically the right brake lever is for the back and the left is for the front, but it's up to you, i have mine; left back, and right front, have it how ever you feel comfortable), next you want to put the chain on (and if the crank arms aren't on the bike yet you'll want to do that now too), and last but not least install your seat and adjust it to the height to where your comfortable riding. if you have any questions please email me at bemidjiyehudamoon@gmail.com and put in the subject line: fixie question.

    Keep on biking...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing this write-up and also the rest of the site is really good.


    Review my weblog :: alloy wheel lathes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got this bike brand new from target for $28 clearance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly an extraordinary expansion. I have perused this brilliant post. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing data about it. I truly like that. Much obliged so parcel for your assemble. Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does anyone know the bottom bracket details?

    ReplyDelete