Friday, December 14, 2012

A winters ride

My Winters Ride.
By: Dillon

I get onto my bike, and i'm wearing all my winter garb,
as i begin to pedal, my eyes start to water as the cold air hits them,
my feet start going faster, knowing that warmth is soon,
i cross a bridge, and struggle to climb it as my wheels spin on the ice and snow,
"I made it over," i say to myself as i round the curve at the bottom of the bridge,
there's a long stretch of straight path ahead, with the wind in my face,
i made it to the other side, with still another bridge, a field and a set of railroad tracks yet to cross,
as i cross the second bridge the wind dies for a minute, 
i make a left, the wind picks up as i cross the field,
over the bumps and through the weeds to the bike shop i shall go,
i make it to the tracks, but hear in the distance,
a whistle of a train, not even a forth mile away,
i scurry across the tracks to the bike shop,
hoping not to become a bug on the windshield of the train,
i fumble with the keys, as the train passes by like a speeding bullet,
i unlock the door, and drag in my cold, shivering bike,
i turn on the heat, and hurry to make some hot coffee,
as i wait for the heat to kick in, i hold on to the work bench,
as the train finishes it's pass by,
the heater finally warms the shop, 
so that my fingers may function enough to grab the 4mm hex wrench, 
and finish the bike i was fixing yesterday.



I just wrote that this morning, because it described my ride in today.
My next posting will be Tuesday, December 18th.
Have a great weekend cyclists.

Keep on Biking...

No comments:

Post a Comment