Saturday, March 2, 2013

Raleigh Update

I am in the process of building and lacing up a internal three speed hub to an ARAYA 700c (14 X C32) rim.  So far I have it laced up, but now i have to true it.  I dragged everything i needed home to work on it last night, at least i thought i had everything.  I forgot my spoke wrench at the bike shop.  I grabbed the hub, the spokes, the rim, the equipment that goes with the hub, but not the spoke wrench.  I got it laced up just by finger tightening it, but now i need a truing stand, or so i thought.  I looked online, and you can use your bike frame, ya your frame.  All you need is a cable tie, your rim/wheel, and your spoke wrench.

Step 1: Either use a repair stand to put your bike on, or just flip over your bike, so that your wheel is free to move.

Step 2: Put the cable tie on your frame, next to your rim so that you can see if your rim is true or not, cut off the end so that the end touches the rim evenly.

Step 3: use your spoke wrench to ture your wheel.

Step 4: put you tire and tube beck on and remove the cable tie.

Step 5: Ride your bike with your new trued rim.

I will keep you all updated on how things work out as far as getting the rim working and gettting the rim to work on my Raleigh.

Keep on Biking...

No comments:

Post a Comment