Monday, March 25, 2013

Confused Sturmey Archer Hub, Part 1 - About


I have an old internal shifting Sturmey Archer hub that is from July 1957.  I was told that it was a three speed, but i built it into a 700c wheel, and tried to adjust it with a three speed shifter, but it would only shift into two speeds.  I looked it up and it is a three speed.  It's a TCW model, Sturmey Archer three speed internal shifting hub.  The only thing i can say is that it is very confused about what it wants to be now that it's 56 years old, i think that it's going through a mid life crisis or something.  I went looking on Google and the first thing that came up was Sheldon Brown.com about the different types of Sturmey Archer hubs.  That's how i found out that it was a three speed.  I'm going to be opening it up tomorrow to see whats wrong with it.  I will be taking lots of pictures as I go along in the process of opening it up and fixing it.  See you all tomorrow...

Keep on Biking.....

1 comment: