Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Finally got out of the house

Yesterday i got out on the bike and it felt really good, but the temperature was still below zero.  My derailleur was frozen up and i was stuck in tenth gear for half a mile. I rode around town for awhile and ran a few errands. when i was done i stopped for some black tea, and a donut, but when i can out to ride home i found out that my front tire was flat.  the temp was about -10 with a little wind chill of course.  i had to walk to the bike shop and pump up the tube because we were all out of 28"/700c tubes, so i grabbed the front tire and rim of of my miyata 27 x 1 1/4.  I made 3/4ths of the way home with the 60psi that i put into the tube on my bike, do i switched it to the 27" and got the rest of the way home.  When I took the tube out I found that there was just a pin hole in it that was caused by one of my Replacement studs (i used #6 x 1/2" construction screws with flat heads screwed from the inside out, and i snipped of part of the tip that stuck out). So i patched up the hole and put some more duct tape over the inside of the tire, give more layers over the screw heads.  I hope that this below zero cold spell doesn't stay around long, i'm  sick of it, and my bike doesn't like it much either.

Keep on Biking...

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!
    ! I definitely loved every bit of it. I've got you book marked to check out new things you post…
    My website > simply click the following internet site

    ReplyDelete